Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fall 2010 Courses

Teaching this semester is going to be different. I only have 3 courses to teach as I will be TAKING 2 courses. Taking courses for the first time in almost 5 years will be a challenge in itself. Here is my teaching schedule for the Fall:

MWF - 10:00am - IS380 Database Design and Processing

Teaching out of a new book for the first time this semester. This book should address some of the issues that we have had with the original text used for this course but I will reserve judgment until we get further into the semester. Small course in terms of numbers so hopefully we have lots of good discussion.

TTh - 10:00am & 11:30 IS260 Data Management

Two sections of this course back to back. While there is a negative aspect to that lineup, I love it. These classes are both FULL for the first time in years. I hope that trend will continue. I strongly believe that all Business majors should take this course as it addresses lots of skills that are necessary in everyday business dealings.

I will also be "helping" teach an Honors course that Dr. Cronk will be teaching. I mostly help with just the section regarding Virtual Worlds. It was a positive experience last year and hope it will be the same this year as well.

And that is it!!! I think I will be all "Databased" out by December but this will help me get back into the swing of things academically for myself.

Buckle up, here we go!

1 comment: